Youth Action Movement-Ghana
The Youth Action Movement – Ghana (YAM) is the youth wing of Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana. Youth Action Movement is a youth movement for young people, by the young people of Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana. It advocates for positive change in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights among young people in Ghana as well as any other challenge that the Ghanaian youth faces. It works in collaboration with other youth groups and organizations through focused programmes
To be a youth movement well positioned to create an enabling environment for the youth of Ghana to freely enjoy their Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights, as well as articulate the many issues that the Ghanaian youth faces.
To advocate for and act on behalf of young people in Ghana in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and other issues that affect their total development.
1. To advocate for the recognition of and respect for adolescent reproductive health and rights and access to education, information and other services.
2. To promote social progress and improve healthy life-styles for the youth in Ghana
3. To advocate for the removal of socio-economic, cultural barriers and policies that impede the total development of the youth
4. To advocate for the formulation and implementation of policies that ensure a conducive environment for the development and progress of the youth
5. Improve leadership and partnership capacities of young people through training and experience sharing
6. To collaborate with concerned agencies to address challenges facing the youth.
Community outreach, social mobilization, presentations, durbars, community drama, traditional and social media